St. Patrick’s Church
St. Patrick’s Church Strandhill was conceived in December 1919 from a growing need of the local people. The first sod was cut in February 1920 and on St Patrick’s Day 1920 the foundation stone was laid.
The Sligo Champion recorded:-
“A special word of praise to the people of the Collera and Strandhill….for their generosity, and hard work…..in building a house for the glory of God and the perpetration of the faith of our fathers”